We have now released version 1.1 of our BF4 Settings Editor. We have quite a few new features in this version, including the ability to set multiple key bindings for each control, as well as special game fixes/workarounds for several Battlefield 4 key binding bugs. Be sure to update to the latest version!
Here is the full list of changes for this version.
- You can now view and configure multiple key bindings for each control. For example, you could set the Z, K, and P keys all to the “Jump” action. Please note that this only works for buttons, not axis controls; this is due to a limitation in Battlefield 4.
- Added a donation button to the About window.
- Added a Fixes section, where you can read about the included fixes and workarounds for various Battlefield 4 problems.
- Added a toggleable game fix for freelook, which removes the need for using the Freelook (Hold) button.
- Added a game fix for the Freelook (Hold) control, which is normally hard-coded (locked) to a specific joystick key (the left trigger for Xbox 360 controllers) in Battlefield 4. This game bug has caused many players to have problems with their throttle down control.
- Added game fixes for the following controls, which are bugged/broken in the Battlefield 4 in-game menu:
- Select gadget 1.
- Toggle gadget 1.
- Spectator free camera rotate up.
- Spectator free camera rotate down.
- Spectator free camera rotate right.
- Spectator free camera rotate left.
- Fixed an issue where the default key bindings would not be completely overwritten when there were multiple key bindings by default.
- Fixed an issue with the invert vertical tank look setting.
- Fixed a text mistake on the Help tab.
- Removed the Gunner key bindings, as they are sadly no longer working in the current version of Battlefield 4. Gunner positions use the key bindings from the Vehicles tab.
- Improved the look and feel of the GUI.
- A message box is now displayed when loading a profile.
- Renamed the “Toggle weapon light” key binding to “Toggle weapon accessory”, to indicate that it can also be used to toggle magnifiers, canted iron sights, etc.
You can download version 1.1 from our downloads page. Please try it out and give us your feedback. We’ll continue to support this program with updates, along with our other tools. Please report any bugs that you find to us, and we’ll do our best to fix them quickly.
Thanks, and enjoy!