We have just released a hotfix for the preview version of our BF4 Settings Editor. DICE silently released a patch for the Battlefield 4 Beta, which changed the location of the settings files, breaking BF4 Settings Editor in the process. This hotfix resolves the issue, while also including a few other fixes and improvements. Be sure to update to the latest version!
Here is the full list of changes for this version.
- DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor will now offer the user the option of automatically copying their settings from the old location to the new location.
- DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
- Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon’s visibility.
- Added a tooltip to the system tray icon.
- Improved the tooltip for the horizontal field of view setting.
- Improved the tooltip for the stereo mode setting.
You can download version 0.91 from our downloads page. Please try it out and give us your feedback. We’ll continue to support this program with updates, along with our other tools. Please report any bugs that you find to us, and we’ll do our best to fix them quickly.
Thanks, and enjoy!