It’s only been a couple of days, but we are now releasing version 2.1 of our BF3 Settings Editor! This release does not contain big feature changes like the previous version, but it does include some important bug fixes and enhancements; we recommend that everybody updates to 2.1.
Here is the full list of changes for this version.
- Added an option for asking whether to save changes on exit.
- Fixed the handling of joystick controls for axes that aren’t self-centering.
- Fixed binding forward and backward controls for vehicles.
- When binding mouse or joystick axes, the axis direction is now taken into account.
- When binding the mouse scroll wheel, a message is shown explaining that it doesn’t work in BF3.
- Improved the behaviour when attempting to bind a control while already holding Escape.
- Improved the method used to create a settings backup on the first run.
- A message is now shown if the settings backup could not be created.
- The BF3 Settings Editor options are now kept after upgrading to a new version.
- The “Save on exit” option now defaults to false. Instead, the program will by default ask the user whether to save any changes.
You can download version 2.1 from our downloads page. Please try it out and give us your feedback. We’ll continue to support this program with updates, along with our other tools. Please report any bugs that you find to us, and we’ll do our best to fix them quickly.
Thanks, and enjoy!