I am pleased to announce that we are now releasing version 2.0 of our free BF3 Settings Editor! This is a major update, including several important bug fixes as well as support for setting keyboard, mouse, and joystick bindings.
Here is the full list of changes for this version.
- Added support for keyboard, mouse, and joystick bindings.
- Added help and explanations via tooltips.
- Added a horizontal field of view setting.
- Added an option to disable automatic update checking.
- Added a right-click context menu to the profile manager.
- Added support for the Delete keyboard key in the profile manager.
- Fixed unchangeable FoV and slider values on non-English systems.
- Fixed crash when settings file couldn’t be loaded.
- Fixed minimum values for screen HUD width and height sliders.
- Disabled some settings which DICE confirmed to have no effect.
- Improved display with the Classic and Windows XP themes.
- Improved the look and feel of the user interface.
- Improved the installer display with non-standard DPI settings.
Below is a screenshot showing off one of the new key binding tabs. As always, check our BF3 Tools microsite for more screenshots.
You can download version 2.0 from our downloads page. Please try it out and give us your feedback. We’ll continue to support this program with updates, along with our other tools. Please report any bugs that you find to us, and we’ll do our best to fix them quickly.
Thanks, and enjoy!